General Obligation School Bond of 2010
Measure G (and H)
On June 8, 2010, the voters of Campbell Union (Elementary) School District approved the Measure G school bond, which provides $150 million to repair and improve local elementary and middle schools in the district. The list of high-priority repairs includes leaky roofs, drainage, electrical, heating and cooling systems and more. [For information on Measure H, click here.]
Generic Project Planning and Input Process
- Project List prepared
- List goes to Board for approval*
- Consult with architects
- Site evaluation (topography, underground systems, etc.)
- Architect prepares initial drawings (concept drawings)
- Drawings presented to staff, community for input*
- Drawings modified based on budget, input, building codes, State Architect requirements
- Final drawings to Board for approval*
- Architect prepares plans and specifications for final drawings
- Plans and Specs to State Architect for approval
- Board authorizes District to prepare bid for the State-approved plans*
- District sends request for bids
- Bids presented to Board for approval*
- Building phase begins (emphasis on summertime construction)
* Formal opportunities for public input. Input can also come via correspondence and scheduled meetings related to specific projects.
- Blackford New Multiuse/K-Rooms: Construction to Begin Fall 2011
- Central Kitchen: Construction to Begin Spring 2012
- Lynhaven Site Modernization: Construction to Begin Summer 2012
- Sherman Oaks Playground : Construction to Begin Summer 2012
- Plans for Phase 1 (Summer 2011 projects) developed and submitted to Division of the State Architect (DSA) for review and approval.
- Classroom technology improvements underway at all schools, with delivery and installation of document cameras, projectors and computer upgrades. (See Blackford and Rolling Hills projects for additional information.)
- PREQUALIFICATION INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE BIDDERS (Please use updated document above.)
- Established the Measure G Citizens Bond Oversight Committee and appointed Robyn Riedstra, parent and PTA member, and Edwin Gonzales, parent of a child enrolled in the District, to two-year terms on the Measure G and Measure H Citizens Bond Oversight Committees, effective July 1, 2010.
August-September 2010 Construction Meetings
- August 31, 3:15pm, Rolling Hills First Staff Meeting
- September 2, 3:00pm, Blackford First Staff Meeting
- September 7, 7:00pm, Rolling Hills PTA
- September 8, 2:00pm, Blackford Second Staff Meeting
- September 9, 3:15pm, Rolling Hills Second Staff Meeting
- September 14, 8:30am, Blackford PTA
Board Action: 8/12/2010
- ITEM 11.1 RESOLUTION 2010-11-15. The Campbell Union School District Governing Board adopted Resolution 2010-11-15, Authorizing the Issuance of 2010 General Obligation Bonds, Series A.
Board Action: 6/17/2010
- ITEM 13.1 – MEASURE G CONSTRUCTION PROJECT LIST. Approve architectural work for Blackford Elementary School and Rolling Hills Middle School, and approve the Technology project list as presented. Other items on the Measure G construction project list to be brought back for consideration by the Board at the July 8 Board meeting.
The Measure G Citizens Bond Oversight Committee was established by September 2010. The committee reviews expenditures for compliance with ballot wording of both Measure G and Measure H and is another channel for communication that threads throughout the general process.
2010-11 Oversight Committee Members: Geraldine R. Small, Robyn Riedstra, Edwin Gonzales, Edith Ereno-Chacon, Sam T. Woods
District Construction Manager: Douglas Williams