New Student Registration Information
New students (kindergarten, TK): Jan. 22-Feb. 15
Middle School enrollment: Feb. 4-15.
Enrollment Desk - Hours of Operation
The Enrollment Desk is located at the Campbell Union School District Office, 155 N. Third Street, near downtown Campbell.
7:45 AM to 4:30 PM
Monday through Friday (except holidays)
Campbell Union School District's 12 schools serve the communities of Campbell, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, San Jose, Santa Clara, and Saratoga. Our teachers educate more than 7,600 children from preschool to eighth grade.
We offer parents several options for school placement, including middle schools for grades 5 through 8, a Spanish-English dual immersion program at Sherman Oaks school, a Parent Participation program at Village School, and a home schooling program.
As part of choosing a school for a child, we encourage parents to visit the schools to gather a more complete picture of the educational programs and the learning environment offered there. Additional information about school programs, tour dates and times is available from the Enrollment Office or by calling the school sites directly.
Depending on your child's birthday, he/she may qualify for Transitional-Kindergarten, an exciting new grade taught by a select group of passionate teachers. Click for more information about kindergarten and transitional kindergarten.
To register, please bring these documents with you...
Parents enrolling their children in Transitional Kindergarten through eighth grade should bring the following documentation with them in order to facilitate the registration process.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY: Examples of this are: a current property tax statement or payment receipts, Current rental agreement on company printed forms, Current utility service statement(s) and Current residential telephone statement (Documents should have the student’s parent/guardian name). Please note that if the rental agreement goes as far as 2 years back or is an expired agreement, we will be asking for a current utility service statement. Also please note that we do not accept wireless telephone statements, insurance paperwork or any DMV paperwork.
- PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION: This is the immunization card from your physician or clinic, showing that all immunizations are up to date.
- PROOF OF TUBERCULIN SKIN TEST: Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten students must have a TB test within the 12 months before school registration. Students in grades 1-8 must show proof of TB test. Any student who has lived outside Santa Clara County for 12 months or more is required to obtain a new TB test.
- BIRTH VERIFICATION: Birth Certificate, Passport or Hospital Birth Certificate.
· Packets must be complete to be accepted for registration.
· Proof of Oral Health Exam must be turned in no later than May of the next school year, not a requirement for registration.
Requesting School Placement
All incoming elementary and middle school students are assigned to their Attendance Area school—the school that corresponds to the student's home address. Parents/Guardians who wish to request a school other than the child's Attendance Area school, will need to participate in the Open Enrollment process.
5th Grade Option:
In Campbell Union School District, students may complete their fifth-grade year either at an elementary OR a middle school. Parents must indicate a choice during the Open Enrollment period. In keeping with Board policy, the students' home address is the primary factor in determining which school the students will be assigned to.
6th Grade Option:
Students who completed 5th grade at an elementary school will be assigned to the middle school that corresponds to their home address ("Attendance Area School"), in keeping with Board policy.