For Education Beyond the Expected...
The Difference is You!
Our mission is to educate individual students to their highest potential and ensure that they are prepared to succeed in high school, college and beyond. Your involvement makes a difference, and this parent resource page offers many ways for you and your family to be a part of education beyond the expected!
Start with the basics………Then go beyond the expected
- Make sure your child gets proper rest and nutrition…...Be your child’s greatest cheerleader and advocate.
- Make a place and time at home that is conducive to doing homework…...Help your child talk through the tougher problems.
- Read/respond to notices from the teacher…...Ask for and use tips to help your child at home.
- Talk about your job in positive ways at home…...Be a guest speaker on College and Career Day, and bring co-workers too.
- Read with children (at least 20 minutes a day)…...Be a guest reader for Read Across America Day or Project Cornerstone.
- Chaperone a field trip…...Help raise money for the trip’s expenses.
- Volunteer to help with a class or school project…...Volunteer to coordinate a project, such as Garden Work Day or Online Publishing.
- Attend a school assembly or recital…...Attend a parent workshop and share what you learned with family members.
Your child’s school has many more ideas. Ask the teacher or principal how you can be involved in your child’s school!