No-Cost Meals for All Students
California has become the first state to pass universal free school meals program for all public school students. Free lunch and breakfast will be offered at all schools. All meals will comply with federal nutrition regulations.
More Than Meals! Benefits for Your Student and School!
Completing a school meals application is crucial to school funding.
- For every student who applies and qualifies for free meals, the school receives more than $1000 and additional money from state and federal grants. This includes increased funding for after school programs, technology, counseling services, and equipment for school kitchens.
- Families who qualify for free meals may also be eligible for free or reduced cost internet, P-EBT food card from the state of California, free or reduced cost summer camps, and more! Your application helps your child and many others. Check income eligibility below.
NOTE: The district shall not deny any individual the benefits or service of any nutrition program or discriminate against him/her on any basis prohibited by law. Collecting payment for meals will adhere to the regulations in Board Policy 3551.
To Complete a School Meals Application Online...
Applying online is the fastest way to qualify your child for free meals. All online applications are secure, private and processed within 24 hours.
Apply in Person
Not everyone prefers doing business online. Here are the steps for applying for free meals in person.
Check the income eligibility guidelines below to see if you qualify.
Obtain a school meals application from your child’s school, the district administration office, or the Child Nutrition Services Department.
Return the completed form, by mail or in person, to your child’s school or the:
Child Nutrition Department
240 Harrison Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008.
If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition Services Department at (408) 341-7210 or e-mail us at https://www.privatedaddy.com/?q=WU1UWEFye2FWZw9ySWZ4SA1NRlNrS1NE_1464/r=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY2FtcGJlbGx1c2Qub3JnL2Zvb2Q-3D/v=Mi4z/p=OC4yLjg-3D.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
Middle School A-la-Carte Lines
We operate a limited a-la-carte lines at Monroe Middle School. We do not operate an a-la-carte line at Rolling Hills Middle School. The a-la-carte line is currently cash only. Please contact Child Nutrition Services for a list of items offered and nutritional informatio.
For more details, please see our policy on food servie operations.
The Campbell Union School District has a Wellness Committee that meets four times annually. Our purpose is to monitor our district Wellness Guidelines, make necessary changes, and to set goals for student and staff wellness. After each wellness meeting we will provide the public with updates regarding goals we have set to promote wellness, our progress throughout the year, and our accomplishments at the end of the year.
Good Nutrition for Healthy Living
Our team of food service and nutrition professionals is dedicated to providing nutritious and delicious food and helping children develop healthy habits for life.
- We provide healthy, affordable, tasty meals every school day. We offer lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, and all of the grains we use are whole-grain rich. Milk choices are fat-free and low-fat, and our meals are low in salt, low in saturated fat, and have no trans fat. We plan our meals to meet students’ age-specific nutrition and calorie requirements and meet state and federal requirements that are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines.
- We sponsor education programs that make learning about nutrition fun. Educational programs, such as Harvest of the Month, Farm Field Trips and school-based Farmer’s Markets allow students to see, touch, taste and learn about fruits and vegetables of all kinds. Often, students discover that they like these foods and begin choosing them more often at mealtime.
- We offer information about nutrition that parents can use at home with the family. Parents often ask us how they can support nutrition and fitness education at home. We provide quarterly newsletters that provide tips and tricks to encourage healthy eating at home. We are also available by phone, email or in person to answer any questions that parents might have about nutrition.
Catering: Beyond the Classroom
A delicious and convenient choice for your next school meeting or event.
There is plenty happening at school, even after the bell rings. Whether it's a breakfast meeting, a staff training, or a school-wide celebration, Campbell Union School District's Beyond the Classroom catering is an easy, affordable option.
Please contact Child Nutrition Services for catering options.
- Requests: Catering Request must be made via this form at least 72 hours prior to the catering event date for a small group (1-25 People), and 1 week prior to the catering event date for a large group (26+ People).
- Approvals: Catering orders are subject to approval.
- Delivery/Pick-Up: Catering orders can ususally be delivered as early as 8:00 a.m. to the school site. Pick-ups orders can also be arranged. Please contact us for any orders and to set up a delivery time and option.
Contact Us for Information
The Child Nutrition Services team of professionals are here for you.
ADDRESS: Campbell Union School District, 240 Harrison Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008
For general questions, application status or account balances please call (408) 341-7210, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Manager, Child Nutrition
Manager, Child Nutrition