School Transformation Update - 2/21/2017
Transformation Team members tour Campbell Middle School before a meeting about what is needed for creating a quality PreK-through-8 school here.
On February 16th, Superintendent Eric Andrew provided the Governing Board with an update on preliminary progress with transforming Campbell Middle School (CMS) into a PreK-8 school. The following is a list of key points.
What Work has the Transformation Team done?
- Developing Guiding Principles
- Developed an Internal Communication Structure
- Developed an External Communication Structure
- Toured the Campbell M.S. Facility
- Developed a Transformation Team (TT) Meeting Calendar
- Developed a Transformation Leadership Team (TLT) Meeting Calendar
- Developed a Tentative Timeline
What are the Transformation Team milestones?
1. In March: Select a Transformation Model
a. “Pull Off the Band-Aid” Approach – Close the school
b. Phase Out – Remaining grades permitted to promote to high school
c. Phase In/Phase Out – Upper grades promote to high school; lower grades enrolled simultaneously
2. March 23: Community Input Meeting (6:30 p.m. at Campbell Middle School)
3. Late March: Visits to Existing K-8 Schools
4. In April: Start Design/Theme
5. May 23: Community Input Meeting (TBA)
6. June 1: Plan Presented to the Board
For more details, please visit our School Transformation web page.