Welcome to 8th Grade Math! My name is Mrs. Ahrens and I look forward to exploring the world of mathematics with your student.
8th grade mathematics is about formulating and reasoning expressions and equations, grasping the concept of a function, and understanding the Pythagorean Theorem, (and much more!).
- Understand the importance of exponents with scientific notation.
- Learn to multiply and divide exponents.
- Learn the Pythagorean Theorem and practice it in real-world applications.
- Analyze and solve linear equations and simultaneous linear equations.
- Understand congruence and similarity using physical models.
Please read the article by Joe Boaler to better understand my teaching philosophy.