District Employees of the Year 2021-22 Announced
Annual event includes announcing district-level nominees for county recognition
At its May 12 meeting, the CUSD Governing Board held a Special Recognition of the 2021-2022 employees and volunteers of the year. One of the highlights was the announcement of those who were nominated for county-level recognition.
The District's Teacher of the Year for 2021-22 is Gloria McGriff of Capri School.
District Classified Employees of the Year, in various categories, are (l-r with certificates):
- Paul Thornburg, Food and Nutrition Classified Employee of the Year
- Peri Sivaram, Para-educator and Instructional Assistance Classified Employee of the Year
- Jackie Cresci, Transportation Services, Classified Employee of the Year
- Jose Villaseñor, Maintenance, Operations and Facilities Classified Employee of the Year
- Allie Hardy, Support Services Classified Employee of the Year
- Kim Scheerer, Clerical Administrative Classified Employee of the Year
While it is always a challenge to distill our many talented staff and volunteers down to single nominations, each school and department had the opportunity to nominate people from their team for Teacher of the Year, Classified Employee of the Year and Volunteer of the Year. See the full list of honorees here.